Grandparents and Other Family Members


Under Australian family law, children have the right to see their grandparents and other family members even when their parents separate.

If the current arrangements with the parents is causing problems for you or the child, you can enter into a parenting plan or apply for a court order to allow you to continue to spend time with the child.

If you have serious concerns about the welfare of a child, for example, where there is family violence, substance abuse or neglect, a court can place the child in your care.

We can assist you to make arrangements to continue to see the child/children or care for them by letting you know how the law works.

Next Steps

Start Online Now


Speak with a Lawyer Directly 1300 529 275.


Speak with a Lawyer Directly
1300 529 275.


Book A Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.